In the Licensed Scrum Master (LSM) workshop, you’ll explore the key ingredients of Scrum: 3 roles, 5 events, 3 artifacts, and also the scrum values, principles, and practices.
Although these components are easy to understand at first glance, they are often very difficult to implement in practice. This LSM certification is about creating a deep understanding of the essence of Scrum – a “true Scrum thinking” that can be used to solve complex problems.
You’ll leave the class knowing how Scrum can accelerate any project. This training is for all levels of Scrum experience.
In this course, we’ll share insights and strategies from decades of success training people to become high-performing Scrum Masters and Scrum teams in businesses around the globe. Through a combination of lectures, hands-on exercises, and reviews of real-world case studies from across a diverse set of industries, you will experience first-hand the impact of the Scrum framework and the importance of the Scrum Master role. Utilizing the Scrum framework in your organization will significantly improve your way of doing work.
The following core topics will be worked on:
- What agility is, when and where you need it
- Agile – rediscover Agile Manifesto – Values and Principles
- What does Lean have to do with it?
- Scrum 353, its artifacts, roles, and events
- Core competencies of the Scrum Masters
- The Scrum Master as Servant Leader
- The Scrum Master as an efficiency expert
- Collaboration with the Product Owner
- Improve dialogue with the development team
- Promote communication with stakeholders
- Collaboration with the entire organization
- Eliminate obstacles
- Promote Scrum and Agile in the organization
- Scaling with Scrum @ Scale
By successfully completing this course you will be able to:
- Implement Scrum, the most widely used Agile framework
- Reduce employee burnout and encourage sustainable pace
- Help your organization cope with inevitable market changes
- Save time and money by reducing waste and impediments
- Enable constant and effective communication and feedback
This training is for all levels of Agile and Scrum experience.
Although this course has no prerequisites, for your best training experience, I recommend reading the “Scrum Guide” (http://www.scrumguides.org) by Jeff Sutherland and Ken Schwaber.
Course fee includes access to the Licensed Scrum Master exam. Students who successfully complete the course and pass the exam will earn their Licensed Scrum Master credential signed by the co-creator of Scrum, Dr. Jeff Sutherland.
The exam can be also taken in languages other than English, like German, Romanian, Portuguese, and so on.
Liviu Mesesan is a Licensed Scrum Trainer (LST) and Agile Coach teaching hands-on, personalized workshops to teams and students. His two decades of experience has included working with teams from small startups to global enterprises.
A passion for helping people keeps Liviu motivated to teach teams what he has learned. Having spent time in the roles of Scrum Master, Product Owner, CTO, and Director of Project, he understands what is required to help a team accomplish their goals.
This course provides 16 SEUs of the 70 needed for the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) certification. This course also counts as 16 PMI PDUs, as well as 16 of the 21 contact hours needed for the PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification.